Avocado Black Bean Burgers
These tasty vegan avocado black bean burgers are delicious, filling, and easy on your wallet. You can make them ahead of time for lunch or dinner for a tasty meatless meal.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Resting Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 medium avocado about 1 cup
- 3 TBSP lime juice from about 1-2 limes
- 1 15 ounce can no salt added black beans rinsed & drained
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1/4 cup minced jalapeño from 1 jalapeño
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion from 1-2 green onions
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats or quick, not instant
- 1 TBSP olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 TBSP chopped cilantro for serving, optional
- 1/4 cup salsa for serving, optional
In a medium glass or ceramic bowl, mash the avocado and lime juice. Add half of the beans, garlic powder, and salt. Mash together.
Add the chia seeds, jalapeño, green onions, oats, and remaining beans. Stir well to combine completely.
Shape into 4 patties, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to overnight (but make sure to cover them).
When ready to cook, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in patties, making sure they don't touch. Cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, until crispy on the outside.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve with salsa, and enjoy!