Smoky Almond and Bacon Popcorn will be a welcomed snack at any party with its smoky flavors plus protein & fiber
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Ditch the chips and grab some Game Changing Flavors this football season! Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Football Party Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious snack hacks at GameChangingFlavors.com.
No one wants to be the girl (or guy) that brings the lame appetizer to a party, am I right?
Well, no one will label you the lame-appetizer-bringer if you show up with this Smoky Almond and Bacon Popcorn!
Even better, no one will accuse you of bringing diet food to the party. However, this appetizer has 6 grams of satisfying protein and 3 grams of filling fiber per cup. The popcorn counts as a whole grain, and the almonds give you a dose of heart-healthy fats.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Almond & Bacon Popcorn w/ @BlueDiamond’s Smokehouse Almonds is perfect for #football parties! (ad) #GameChangingFlavors” quote=”Almond & Bacon Popcorn w/ @BlueDiamond’s Smokehouse Almonds is perfect for #football parties! (ad) #GameChangingFlavors”]
Ok, so yeah I know bacon isn’t high on the health scale, but each cup of this popcorn has less than half of a slice of bacon and half of a teaspoon of bacon grease.
As for the flavors, the Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds pack a smoky flavorful punch, and the almonds plus the bacon take your popcorn to the next level.
If you’re interested in being fancy, you can add in some chopped rosemary. I thought it was delicious with or without.
One more reason why this appetizer is the smoky to your almonds: You only need 3 ingredients (or 4 if you use rosemary)! Woohoo!
First, you cook your bacon (in a really big pot with a lid).
Then remove the bacon to drain and leave the bacon grease in the pot; you’ll have about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Add in your popcorn kernels and pop away — be sure to cover your pot and shake the pan.
Then toss together the warm popcorn with the almonds (this helps distribute some of that amazing smoky flavor to the popcorn). Sprinkle with bacon and rosemary, if using.
You can serve this immediately or make ahead of time. Just be sure to keep it in an airtight container.
I guarantee your Smoky Almond and Bacon Popcorn will be a (healthier) snack that’s welcome at any party!
Smoky Almond and Bacon Popcorn
- 6 slices center-cut bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 12 oz Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
- 1 TBSP minced fresh rosemary optional
- Add the chopped bacon to a large pot (with a lid). Cook over medium-low heat until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside to drain. Leave bacon grease in the pot.
- Turn heat to medium/medium-high. Add one kernel of popcorn and cover pot. Once the kernel has popped, add remaining popcorn kernels. Cover the pot, and shake the pot often. Remove from heat once all kernels have popped.
- Add in Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds and shake well to distribute. Transfer to a bowl, and toss in cooked bacon.
- Enjoy immediately or put in an airtight container for later.
Pin for later: