All the ingredients for this Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies are cooked on one baking sheet, so you have less hands on time and less clean up!
Cooking everything in or on one skillet, dish, baking sheet is such a time saver. Dare I even say a life saver since it means less clean up. #lazy
A baking sheet is one of my favorite tools to make an easy meal that doesn’t require much effort or hands on time. Chop a few veggies, add some protein and/or carbohydrates and bake.
Done. And now you’re happy & satisfied.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Everything is cooked on one baking sheet for less hands on time and clean up! #glutenfree” quote=”Everything is cooked on one baking sheet for less hands on time and clean up! #glutenfree”]
When I was home the other week, I didn’t have much trouble convincing Joy to make a recipe video with me because we love to cook and be silly in the kitchen together. It’s
my our thang.
But we didn’t have much time before her play practice started, so we needed an easy recipe that would also double as dinner when everyone got home from their afternoon activities.
So obviously, we made a meal all on one baking sheet because like I said before, one sheet/dish/skillet/whatever saves tons of time.
I was excited to get all those veggies in this dish especially since I needed extra veggies after Mardi Gras. And all the veggies were starting to look a little less than fresh.
That being said, this recipe is an excellent way to use up your produce that is starting to not look brand new.
You can serve this recipe with a side of cooked rice, quinoa, potatoes, whatever. I used one of those easy prepared bags of rice/quinoa to keep this meal quick & simple.
A little note. We used one teaspoon of oregano because I love oregano, but the kids were less than excited about that amount of oregano.
So I decreased the oregano for my second testing (not filmed or photographed) and thought it tasted just as good – and would probably be better received for kids who don’t love “spicy”
Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 pound broccoli
- 2 large onions
- 2 bell pepper any color
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp onion flakes or powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Chop the veggies into about 1 inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 425*F. Line a baking sheet with foil, if desired.
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped veggies with the olive oil, onion flakes, oregano, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Transfer the veggies to the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Add the chicken to the bowl, and toss to season with the leftover oil & spices still in the bowl.
- Place the chicken on top of the veggies.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in minced garlic. Bake another 10-15 minutes until chicken is done and veggies are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice. Enjoy!
Looking for a laugh? How about some bloopers?
Want more one pan meals? Check out these:
Pin for later: