Salmon marinated in high protein, lower sugar siggi’s mango yogurt with ginger, jalapeños and lime for a delicious sweet & spicy, easy weeknight meal
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by siggi’s. All thoughts and opinions are my own. These partnerships help make Living Well Kitchen a reality, and I appreciate your support of the brands I love!
Something I cannot get enough of right now is an easy meal.
There’s nothing better than knowing you can cook a dish that will taste great and make you feel nourished in less time than it takes to wait for delivery.
And that even includes the time it takes to marinate. I want quick. I want easy.
One of my go-to meals for making me feel great is salmon.
Salmon has omega 3 fatty acids which make you shine from the inside out. Ok, not really. But they are beneficial for your heart, skin, hair, and brain.
If you are skeptical to try salmon because of a previous unpleasant experience, let’s ease back into salmon because you really are missing out.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Salmon marinated in @siggisdairy mango yogurt ready in under 45 min! #dailysiggis #partner” quote=”Salmon marinated in @siggisdairy mango yogurt ready in under 45 min! #dailysiggis #partner”]
I suggest you start with this Salmon with Mango Yogurt Sauce. It has so much flavor that there is absolutely positively no hint of fishiness to it! None!
Mango yogurt and ginger make such lovely partners when flavoring this salmon, especially with the cilantro, lime, and jalapeño.
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can make it year round. No need to wait for mangos to be in season.
Thanks to siggi’s mango yogurt, you get the mango flavor without having to find mangos or spend an absurd amount of money on one fruit.
What’s nice about siggi’s mango yogurt is that it’s not too sweet for the dish. With the perfect balance of sweetness to mango flavor, it becomes best friends with the flavors in this marinade (that also doubles as a sauce — yay for saving time!).
The salmon has the lovely mango ginger flavor plus it is roasted on top of a bed of onions. So you get the slight sweetness from the onions to contrast the spicy jalapeño, too.
Another great thing about this recipe is that there are only 10 simple ingredients: siggi’s mango yogurt, salmon, ginger, garlic, lime, jalapeño, cilantro, onions, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Ok, so that’s 11. But do salt and pepper count?!
To serve this salmon, I like to turn it into a bowl with some cooked quinoa, black beans, and baby spinach. It’s the perfect easy dinner, and leftovers are tasty for lunch! Plus, it can be served hot or cold.
Simple ingredients + delicious meal = everyone wins.
Pro tip: while you are marinating the salmon, have an extra siggi’s mango yogurt to hold you over since it is high in protein and lower in sugar.
Before you know it, dinner will be on the table!
Salmon with Mango Yogurt Sauce
- 3 4.4 ounce containers siggi's 4% mango yogurt
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger grated (1 teaspoon)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small jalapeño minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 6 ounce fillets salmon
- 2 large onions roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the siggi's 4% mango yogurt, ginger, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add the salmon to a sealable container or bag. Pour half of the yogurt sauce over the salmon, making sure to coat the salmon entirely. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. Cover the remaining sauce and transfer to the fridge until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Chop the onion and toss with olive oil. Transfer the onions to a baking sheet, and roast for 20 minutes.
- When ready to cook salmon, remove the salmon from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Discard marinade. Place the salmon on top of the onions, and transfer to the oven. Roast for 15 minutes until salmon is done.
- Serve the salmon with onions and extra sauce on top. Enjoy!
Pin for later: