Toss six ingredients on a baking sheet and have a complete meal ready in less time than it takes to get takeout
Making a meal on one pan is always something I am game for, so I was delighted to see that September’s Recipe ReDux theme was Sheet Pan Meals.
Sheet Pan Meals: We love throwing ingredients together on a sheet pan and roasting for a simple sheet pan dinner. They make busy weeknights a bit more manageable. (And clean-up isn’t bad either!) Show us your healthy take on a sheet pan meal.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Toss 6 ingredients on a baking sheet for a complete meal ready in less time for takeout #thereciperedux” quote=”Toss 6 ingredients on a baking sheet for a complete meal ready in less time for takeout”]
Since I’ve recently been posting only one pot or one skillet recipes, I felt like it was the perfect time to do a one sheet pan.
I thought about doing salmon.
However, I just did a salmon sheet pan recipe last week, so that wasn’t going to work.
Something I hadn’t used in a while and love was sausage.
I realize that some sausage contains ingredients that don’t make you feel great, but there are tons of options at the store that are just chicken or pork or turkey, seasonings, and a few other simple ingredients.
Plus, sausage is so dang easy. It’s already seasoned and you can use a smaller amount for a lot of flavor.
The sausage acts as the seasoning for this sheet pan meal.
I seriously didn’t even add salt. (However, feel free to add a little salt at the table if desired)
It’s 6 ingredients: sausage, potatoes, bell peppers, onions, cauliflower, and olive oil.
You can easily change it up depending on what you like.
I love having the potatoes to give this meal staying power. Carbs are your friends when it comes to feeling satisfied with your meals.
Oh and the serving size for this dish is massive: 3 cups! Haha I couldn’t even eat the whole serving at one sitting.
Roasted Sausage and Veggies
- 4 small potatoes chopped (about 20 ounces)
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 4 medium bell peppers chopped, any color
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided, or avocado oil
- 12 ounces cooked chicken sausage sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425*F. Line two baking sheets with foil or parchment paper
- Add the potatoes and onions to a baking sheet and toss with 1/2 tablespoon oil. Transfer to oven
- Add the cauliflower and bell peppers to the other baking sheet with the reamining 1/2 tablespoon oil and toss. Transfer to the oven.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- Stir and add sausage to the baking sheet (either pan or both).
- Roast another 15-20 minutes, until veggies & sausage are lightly browned. Remove from oven and enjoy!
What to use in this recipe:
Pin for later: