A healthier, mayonnaise-free version of a typically high-calorie and fat dip
Need an appetizer to take to a party?
JalapeÃ±o Popper Dip should be your answer.
It’s cheesy, creamy, spicy,Â and tastes oh so good.
I based my recipe off of multiple jalapeÃ±o popper dips I found.Â I took out all of the mayo foundÂ inÂ most recipesÂ which helps this dip have a lot fewer calories and fat.Â Â The cottage cheese replaces the mayo and adds protein andÂ only a small amount of fat.
This dip is by no means health food, but it’s a lot better alternative than most creamy dips.
I served it with homemade whole-wheat pita chips.Â It would also be great with celery or bell pepper strips.
JalapeÃ±o Popper Dip
What You'll Need:
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese 50% reduced fat Cabot cheese are my favorite
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 can sliced pickled jalapeÃ±os 4 ounce, drained
- 1 fresh jalapeÃ±o pepper seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs or regular whole wheat bread crumbs or skip for gluten-free what I used
How to Make It:
Combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, Â½ cup Parmesan cheese, and jalapeÃ±os together in a bowl.
Put the mixture in a 1 to 1Â½ qt baking dish.
Combine the bread crumbs with the remaining Â¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on top of the jalapeÃ±o mixture.
Bake at 375Â°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with pita chips, celery, or bell pepper strips. Enjoy!!
I shared this recipe onÂ Eat at Home Cooks Ingredient Spotlight: Cream CheeseÂ