Fully loaded nachos with a double layer of chips covered in beef, red or black beans, peppers, onions, cheese, avocado, tomatoes & jalapeños and baked in the oven. This easy recipe is fabulous for a healthy football party appetizer or fun dinner
Healthier loaded nachos?
Double layers of tortilla chips are topped with a seasoned ground beef, bean, onion, and bell pepper mixture, smothered in cheese, and sprinkled with fresh tomatoes, avocados, green onion, and a few jalapeños.
YES, PLEASE AND THANKYOU!
You can make these without beef if you want, too. Use ground turkey breast, shredded chicken, or make them vegetarian by omitting the meat all together and adding an additional cup of beans.
You are free to make this healthy nachos recipe any way you like 🙂
The recipe serves 4-8.Fully loaded nachos made a little healthier w/ fiber and protein to keep you full! #gameday #GFClick To Tweet
I love serving these healthier loaded nachos for dinner, and they are also a crowd-pleasing appetizer to serve about 8 people.
Oh and tortilla chips differ in size, so they’re serving size differs as well.
I like the triangle shaped chips but it’s up to your own personal preference.
I typically use about half (more or less) of an 11 oz. bag. Nutrition facts are based off using 6 ounces of chips.
There isn’t much else for me to talk about other than the fact that they’re down right delicious.
I feel a little bad because I don’t have the words to describe them, seeing as I look like a 4 year old and am covered in cheesy nacho love, but I really don’t feel bad because you know that if they’re nachos, they gotta be good!
I doubt you’re mad…
and you’re welcome 🙂
Now get thee to the store and make these this weekend.
Healthier Loaded Nachos
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 2 medium onions diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup beans any kind
for the nachos:
- 6 oz tortilla chips
- 1-1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 roma tomatoes cored, seeded, & diced
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 small jalapenos sliced, if desired
- If using the oven, preheat the oven to 400*F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil for easier cleanup if desired.
- Add ground beef, onions, and bell peppers to a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until ground beef is done. Drain if needed.
- Add chili powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, and beans to skillet. Stir well, and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
For the microwave:
- Arrange half of chips on 2 large or 4 small plates. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Top with half of the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Top with remaining chips. Top with the remaining ground beef mixture, and then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Microwave for 45-60 seconds until cheese is melted.
- Top with desired toppings. Enjoy!
For the oven:
- Arrange half of chips in 2 large or 4 small circles on the prepared baking sheet(s).
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Top with half of the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Top with remaining chips. Top with the remaining ground beef mixture, and then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Top with desired toppings. Enjoy!
What I used in this recipe:
Want more nachos? Try these!
Pin for later: