5 Tips to help you stay sane over the holiday season
[Tweet “5 Tips to help you stay sane over the #holiday season so you can enjoy themÂ w/ less stress!”]
Stick to Your Routine
- Keep up with your daily workout routine
- Follow your regular morning routine (abbreviate if needed but don’t skip)
- Eat meals at normal times
Enlist the Help of Others
- You donâ€™t have to do it all; delegate tasks to others
- Give family members and friends tasks like drying, stirring, washing, setting the table, etc.
- Ask people to bring things (food, drinks, decorations, etc.) for a party
Focus on the Things That Matter
- Good enough is just right
- Things do not have to be perfect
- The amount of presents isnâ€™t what matters
- It’s not a big deal if you send out new years cards
- Focus on the family and friends and good company you get to spend extra time with this season
Schedule Time for You
- Do something that makes you happy every single day
- Schedule a time to workout or pamper yourself or do something that brings you joy
- You should give yourself at least 10 minutes per day!
- Schedule it into your calendar if needed!
Be Nice to Yourself
- Itâ€™s never going to be perfect. Expect that things will go wrong and that’s ok 🙂
- Skip the guilt
- Donâ€™t put too much on your plate. Your scheduleÂ shouldn’t be completely full
- Find the joy in the season
- Traffic is going to be worse. Find a way to not be miserable in the unpleasant things. Example: sing your favorite Christmas songs in the car. Listen to a book on tape or a podcast.
**If you enjoyed these tips and want more healthy holiday inspiration, join me December 12-16th for 5 days to create Healthy Holiday Habits! Sign up here or text HOLIDAYHABITS to 444999 🙂 Â **
Pin for later: