Curry Lamb Stuffed Zucchini proves that lamb is easy to make and a delicious, flavorful addition to your meals
Once I realized lamb wasn’t hard to cook, my world was changed.
Yes, I can be dramatic. But y’all, lamb gives your meals SO MUCH FLAVOR and makes them more exciting!
And cooking lamb does not have to be hard; I promise.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Lamb is easy to make + a delicious, flavorful addition to your meals w/ tasty #GF stuffed zucchini” quote=”Lamb is easy to make + a delicious, flavorful addition to your meals w/ tasty #GF stuffed zucchini”]
Ground lamb is my personal favorite because if you can cook ground beef or ground turkey or ground chicken, then you can cook ground lamb!
It’s quick cooking and like I said before, so delicious.
In May, I got the awesome opportunity to attend the Nourish with Lamb event at Frieda’s, and it so much fun!
We got to hear more about lamb, watch a cooking demo, eat the food from the demo, then take a tour of Frieda’s.
This recipe is one of the recipes that we got to enjoy that day, and I’ve made it 3 times since.
This recipe is the opposite of intimidating.
Many people find lamb intimidating – and I used to feel this way, too – but it really doesn’t have to be!
Lamb is such a great complement to plant based meals by adding protein, nutrients, and like I’ve said before, flavor.
A little bit of lamb goes a long way, so you don’t need to buy a huge piece of lamb (and figure out what to do with it).
A few fun facts about cooking lamb:
- Spices that go really well with lamb include cumin, paprika, pepper, thyme, garlic and rosemary
- Onions, garlic, lemon juice and spices are lamb’s best friends
- For quick meals, pick lamb kabobs, rib, loin chops, and deboned leg of lamb
In this recipe, you only need a few ingredients: ground lamb, onions, mushrooms, curry powder, turmeric, cayenne, salt, yogurt and zucchini.
I love stuffing veggies because it ups the veggies in your meal, and I’m always looking to get more veggies in my life. And on that note, I added mushrooms & onions in there too.
That being said, make sure you add a start on the side to give you some extra filling fiber and carbohydrates to keep you full and satisfied.
These have the best flavor and also end up great as leftovers. But honestly, good luck having leftovers 😉
Curry Lamb Stuffed Zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 8 ounces ground lamb
- 1 large red onion diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 pound zucchini about 4 zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and onions. Cook for 10 minutes, and stir in mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in curry powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir to coat. Add in yogurt and stir well. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside of the zucchini, leaving a small border. Fill the zucchini with the mixture and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until done. Serve with extra yogurt if desired. Enjoy!
What I used to make this recipe:
Pin for later:
And if you want to watch the cooking demo, here you go:0