A cheesy, veggie-filled dip that is a delicious way to start your Thanksgiving dinner or to serve at a fall party. Brussels sprouts covered in cheese and bacon served as a dip… yes, please! This is similar to a spinach and artichoke dip but is great for the fall season. Not a bacon fan? Skip it! This is delicious either way.
To celebrate the fact that Thanksgiving is in 22 days, I’ve made an appetizer that is a delightfully tasty choice for the holiday: Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Dip
It’s a cinch to prepare and only needs one dish to make. The dip is ready in about 25 minutes and can be made ahead of time.
If your cupboard is feeling incredibly taxed when you’re preparing your Thanksgiving dishes, you can even mix everything into the one skillet you use to cook the dip.
Because bacon and Brussels sprouts go together so well, I included them in this delicious dip. However, if you are not a bacon eater, then substitute them for pecans for some extra crunch and flavor.
I love when my appetizers are filled with veggies and this one is packed with ’em. I mean the main ingredient is Brussels sprouts.
Basically, it’s just cheese and Brussels sprouts (and a little bacon for good measure.
This is a great way to start your Thanksgiving event because it won’t make you feel too full, and it’s always nice to start your meal with veggies (that doesn’t necessarily involve salad).
I won’t fault you for making this outside of the holiday season because it’s simple and delicious. I may or may not have eaten the entire thing for dinner the other night…
Quick note: this makes a small batch but it’s easily doubled or tripled. Just make sure to increase the size of your skillet.
Oh and don’t forget to check all the other awesome recipes for Blogsgiving Dinner below!
Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Dip
- 2 slices center cut bacon chopped
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts about 2 to 2 1/2 cups, chopped
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/16 tsp turmeric optional
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Add the bacon to a small skillet and heat over medium-low heat. Cook until bacon is crispy. Remove from skillet and set aside to drain.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add brussels sprouts to bacon grease in skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes until lightly browned. Add water and scrape up any bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- Once the water has absorbed, after a minute or two, remove from heat. Add garlic.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, mozzarella, cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, and turmeric (if using). Stir into the brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Transfer to oven and broil until the cheese has melted and is bubbling. Enjoy with crackers or sliced veggies.
*You can make this vegetarian by skipping the bacon frying step and using 2 teaspoons of olive oil to cook the Brussels sprouts. Add two tablespoons of pecans in place of the bacon.
*Makes 2 cups