A satisfying budget-friendly breakfast that is vegan, gluten free, and high in fiber. Easily made to serve one or a crowd.
There are as many ingredients in this recipe as there are words in the title.
Basically, I need to work on my recipe naming skillz.
But really… what am I supposed to call this thing?
[clickToTweet tweet=”A satisfying budget-friendly #breakfast that is #vegan, #glutenfree, and high in fiber. Easily made to serve one or a crowd.” quote=”A satisfying budget-friendly breakfast that is vegan, gluten free, and high in fiber. Easily made to serve one or a crowd.”]
Roasted Peanut Butter Potato doesn’t sound right. Peanut Butter Roasted Potatoes is questionable. Peanut Butter Potatoes isn’t my fave. Amazing bowl of potatoes covered in peanut butter and maple syrup sprinkled with salt?
So I’m going with Breakfast Potatoes with Peanut Butter because that’s basically what this is.
A sweet potato roasted then covered with a peanut butter & maple syrup sauce and sprinkled with some salt.
See… only five ingredients!
I made it in the summer (July 1st to be exact according to the time stamp on my photos), and eight months later, I am still thinking about this filling and oh so satisfying breakfast meal.
Then again, I also eat this for lunch or dinner or dessert.
It’s sweet and salty and wonderful. Plus, it’s simple to make.
- Chop and roast the potato.
- Microwave peanut butter and stir in maple syrup.
- Pour mixture over roasted potatoes and sprinkle with salt. Boom!
I love that I can make this for one or for 10.
It’s also dairy free, gluten free, egg free, and vegan.
And if you need it to be nut free, use sunflower seed or pumpkin seed butter in place of the peanut butter.
Or if you’re not a peanut butter fan, try almond butter or cashew butter.
And if you’re skeptical, I can promise you it is more than worth trying!! Everyone that has tried, loves it.
Oh and you definitely do not need to find a purple sweet potato for this recipe. Regular orange sweet potatoes work perfectly well in this recipe 🙂
Breakfast Potatoes with Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 400*F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easier cleanup.
- Toss the chopped sweet potato with the oil, and spread in an even layer onto the baking sheet. Roast for 25-35 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl.
- Add peanut butter to a small microwave safe bowl. Heat for 15-30 seconds until runny. Stir in maple syrup and drizzle over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt, and enjoy!
Pin for later: