This simple recipe only needs four ingredients for a festive and fruity margarita perfect for celebrating Mardi Gras, Margarita Day, or any day
Celebrating insignificant moments is one of my favorite parts about life.
Which is why I decided to celebrate margarita day again this year. (I celebrated it a few years ago with some tasty Grapefruit Margs)
And I took it a step further by making these festive Mardi Gras margaritas. Now, obviously you can leave out the green and gold sugar and you’ve still got a tasty margarita. But with Mardi Gras in less than two weeks, it
seems like is the perfect cocktail to celebrate with.
[clickToTweet tweet=”You only need 4 ingredients for a festive, fruity Blueberry #MardiGras Margarita!” quote=”You only need 4 ingredients for a festive, fruity Blueberry #MardiGras Margarita!”]
This recipe couldn’t be much easier, thanks to buying 100% blueberry juice. You are welcome to smash your own blueberries but I chose not to do this for two reasons.
1) I don’t like wasting the blueberries and to get the juice you have to toss out some of the blueberries (so sad).
2) I don’t like taking extra steps and smashing the blueberries then straining them is just a little too much work for me when there’s a much easier, more efficient alternative: buying blueberry juice.
Now make sure you get 100% blueberry juice. None of that juice cocktail junk is allowed in these margs. Please don’t disgrace the name of margaritas with junk and tons of added nonsense.
Here’s a little tip to get extra mileage on your margs: If you are like me and like really big drinks (that aren’t super strong), I like to make this recipe and add about 4-8 ounces of lime flavored seltzer or soda water.
Obviously you’ll need a bigger cup but you get more without sacrificing too much flavor. And you can always add a splash or two extra of lime or blueberry juice.
I think margaritas are personal, so feel free to play with the ingredient amounts. Sometimes I want things a little sweeter so I’ll add more triple sec. Other times, I’ll use a little less tequila when I want less of a bite (or I’ll add more seltzer water).
For fun, I made these on Facebook Live. And you can watch just how easy they are to make. (The video is under the recipe or head over to Facebook)
I will be enjoying these with my festive Mardi Gras tacos.
- 4 ounces 100% blueberry juice 1/2 cup
- 2 ounces tequila 1/4 cup
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice 2 TBSP
- 1 ounce triple sec 2 TBSP
- colored sugar for the glass
- To decorate the glass, rub a cut lime around the rim of the glass. Place colored sugar on a plate and dip the rim of the glass into the sugar to adhere to the glass.
For the margarita:
- Stir together the blueberry juice, tequila, lime juice, and triple sec. Pour into glass over ice. Enjoy!
*You can decorate the glass or leave plain. Colored sugar is optional 🙂
Check out the video or view on Facebook:
Pin for later: