Avocado Chickpea Toast is an easy vegan breakfast or lunch for days when you don’t have the energy to cook
When you travel, do you pack exactly what you need and only that or do you bring one million different options of things to wear? I fall in the second category…
I have an over packing problem… plus, I went shopping so I had extra things in my bag on the way home. We’re talking: me having to sit on the suitcase to get it zipped.
One of the shirts in my bag is covered in beads/sequins, and the TSA people needed to open my bag. So the guy said “hey, we’re gonna open your bag.” My response: “Careful. It’s gonna explode there’s so much stuff in there!”
Cue me slapping my hand over my mouth then awkwardly trying to pretend like I didn’t just say “explode” in the security line at the airport.
Luckily, the guy had a sense of humor and/or didn’t hear what I said.
Even more luckily was that he was able to shut my bag after checking it. I honestly still can’t believe it fit into the overhead bin on the plane.
Anywho, I feel a little tired today. And I’m so ready to get back into normal life. After moving all last week then traveling for 5 days, I feel a little scattered.
Making sure I get extra veggies & lots of plant-based nutrients always help me feel better after traveling and/or when life is crazy.
Since my brain power is slim to none, I have this easy & simple Avocado Chickpea Toast. Basically, I mashed up some chickpeas & avocado and put it on toast. Success.
This is a simple, filling, and tasty lunch or breakfast. I eat a little salad on the side and call it a
day meal. I love that it only requires a few ingredients. You can also adjust the seasoning to your preference.
If you’re not a cilantro fan, you can leave it out. Add more cayenne pepper for a spicier topping or use lime juice instead of lemon.
- Four Ingredient Meal – dairy free, gluten free, vegan option
- Easy Pesto Salmon – gluten free, can be dairy free
- Easy Peanutty Pasta – vegan, can be gluten free
- Easy Tomato Soup – vegan, gluten free
- Chicken Quesadillas – can be gluten free
- Salsa Tuna and Bean Salad – gluten free, dairy free
- Mexican Quinoa Casserole (takes no effort but needs to bake an hour) – gluten free, vegan
- Curry Avocado Chicken Salad – gluten free, dairy free
Avocado Chickpea Toast
- 5 slices whole grain bread
- 15 oz can chickpeas no salt added, 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup avocado 1 medium
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Toast the bread if desired.
- Meanwhile, mash the chickpeas & avocado into a medium sized bowl.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir/mash until it is to your desired consistency.
- Spread about 1/4 cup on each slice of toast and enjoy!
What to use in this recipe: