Satisfy your mashed potato craving with these cheesy mashed potatoes. The blue cheese isn’t overpowering but adds the perfect amount of flavor.
I love mashed potatoes. I’m pretty sure everyone loves mashed potatoes.
Unfortunately, potatoes aren’t the healthiest vegetable, as they are often covered with butter, cream, & salt, or fried.
But sometimes, IÂ needÂ my mashed potatoes.
Well, here is an amazing version of mashed potatoes that will satisfy your craving – blue cheese mashed potatoes.
I know that sounds a little strange, but they areÂ delicious!Â The blue cheese isn’t overpowering but adds the perfect amount of flavor.
Try to serve them with a lean protein and a hefty serving of vegetables (the non-starchy kind, please).
Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Â¼ cup 2% milk
- 1 TBSP white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 lb red potatoes chopped but not peeled
- â…“ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Â¼ tsp salt
- Â¼ tsp ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh parsley optional
- In a glass measuring cup, add milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Over medium-high heat, bring the potatoes to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain the potatoes, and return them to the pan.
- Over low heat, add the remaining ingredients to the potatoes. Mash everything together, and serve warm. Enjoy!
* Based on this recipe from Cooking Light Magazine
Click hereÂ to check out some of the health benefits of potatoes.Â Remember to keep your portion sizes small when it comes to potatoes, and don’t eat them very often, especially the fried kind.