Doesn’t get much better than tater tots wrapped in bacon! These craveable bites are so tasty and a total crowd-pleaser
Holy mother of pearl, these Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots are an absolute must anytime you are serving food.
I have to give credit to my aunt for this recipe, and I have been thinking about these things since the summer.
My aunt’s friends were getting married and jokingly requested to have tater tots. As luck would have it, she found a recipe for bacon wrapped tater tots in an old magazine a few days later.
Obviously she had to make them because she knew they’d be good. The original recipe she found called for barbeque sauce but that can be overpowering. I’d rather taste bacon than BBQ sauce any day of the week.
Instead she mixed mustard and ketchup to make these amazing bites of deliciousness.
Ok, so I realize that these are not the picture of health. Bacon + tater tots aren’t on the list of most nutritious foods ever.
However, life is all about balance. Sometimes you just need bacon wrapped tater tots, and that’s totally cool.
Obviously you wouldn’t eat these everyday because you’d feel pretty crummy since they don’t offer much, but enjoying these on occasion is good for you. I’m serious. It’s good to enjoy food and not deprive yourself. Especially when that food is bacon wrapped tater tots.
Serve these at a party and watch them get devoured in seconds. You should probably make a double batch if you ask me.
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup mustard
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 pound tater tots (store bought or cauliflower)
- Preheat the oven to 475*F. Line two baking sheets with foil.
- Stir together the ketchup, mustard, and black pepper.
- Slice the bacon into about 3-4 inch long slices that are about ½ inch wide. You should get about 100 slices from a pound of bacon.
- Spread the sauce mixture on one side of bacon. Wrap the bacon slice around the tater tot (with the sauce facing the tater tot). Put on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bacon slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes and reduce heat to 400*F. Bake another 20-35 minutes until bacon is done.
- Remove from oven and transfer to paper towels to absorb excess grease. Enjoy!